Courses and prices
At Dame2Salsa we offer Cuban rueda (Cuban style salsa danced in a group) classes for several levels over 3-month intensive periods. All classes are one hour and are held once a week. These cuban rueda classes are taught at Progreso Musical, near Argüelles metro in the center of Madrid. Instructions are given in Spanish, but English explanations can be given upon request.
Regular classes are 8€ per class and paid monthly, meaning that the total per month will depend on the total number of classes in that month.
Bear in mind that, as we mentioned in “Our classes”, the registration for our courses is closed most of the year. Now, however, you have the chance to sign up as registration for January started on December 1st.
This is the planned schedule for January. Don’t hesitate to send us a message if you are interested about joining.
Level 1 Cuban rueda
Group 1: Tuesdays from 8 to 9 p.m.
Group 2: Wednesdays from 9 to 10 p.m.
Level 2 Cuban rueda
Group 1: Thursdays from 9 to 10 p.m.
Group 2: Fridays from 9 to 10 p.m.
Level 3 Cuban Rueda
Thursdays from 8 to 9 p.m.
Level 4 Cuban Rueda
Mondays from 9 to 10 p.m.
Level 5 Cuban Rueda
Wednesdays from 8 to 9 p.m.
Level 6 Cuban Rueda
Mondays from 8 to 9 p.m.
New course for 2019: Rueda structures I
Fridays from 8 to 9 p.m.
We will open registration for additional level 3 and 4 groups if the aforementioned groups become full. Please remember our groups are small (max 14-16 students), but these new groups will need enough students signed up and a balanced number of leads/follows.
Making up classes: If you are going to miss a class, it is mandatory to advise your teachers beforehand. In levels with more than one group per week, you will be able to make up the class with your same level that week. This will give you the advantage of not missing your class! However, if your level has only one group, you can only make up the class in a lower level.
Which level am I?
As we have several levels, we are asked a lot which level you should join. This is a general idea about each level and who is it aimed for:
- Level 1: If you have never danced, this is your course as we start from the very beginning. If you have danced salsa but not rueda (especially if you are dancing as a lead) we also suggest you to sign up for this level.
- Level 2: If you have danced cuban salsa or rueda and you know the basics (dile que no, enchufla, 70, etc.), start here. Also if you took salsa classes even if not cuban salsa, if you dance as a follow.
- Level 3: If you have danced cuban rueda and you are able to perform most basic moves with ease, this is your course, as we start to focus in good-looking rueda moves.
- Level 4: If you are skilled in rueda, this level is when steps start to get difficult, so this is your course.
- Level 5 and 6: These courses are about reviewing and polishing rueda moves and rueda structures. You cannot sign up for these ones, only work your way up from lower levels.
Everybody can join level 1, but in order to join any other level, a placement test is necessary. The next test will be held in December, kindly check our Events.
From time to time, we do single-subject courses dedicated to other dances or a particular group of salsa moves. These courses are normally are shorter in duration (offered over a day or week) and we publish them on Facebook.